Some of my plan B’s include:
- Using my hotspot on my phone if the school should lose the internet. I have an iPhone and this is how to connect to your hotspot.
- Download any youtube video to my laptop. See how to here.
- Ensure that iPads/laptops that I will be using are fully charged.
- Connect with the technology teacher at my school where I will be for Prac.
- Ensure that the resources that are needed are available and booked out for my use.
- Check that any apps that I want to use are installed and working.
- Check the compatibility between my mac and the school’s computer system.
- Always check with my mentor that the ICTs I have chosen comply with school policies.
Having completed learning path week 9, I was relieved to see that the challenges that I face are similar to those that others are facing. Kate’s blog here has some awesome advice while on Prac.
My planning has been ongoing since the start of the course. I have been saving a list of interesting websites that I might revisit on Prac. This week I began to downloaded and print copies of the feedback forms that my mentor will hopefully fill out for me. There seem to be an awful lot but I wont feel guilty. A friend of mine who is a teacher once told me that she likes being a mentor because the pre-service teacher does most of the planning and teaching but the mentor teacher is the one who gets paid! So hand those feedback forms in early fellow students!!